About Avast AntiVirus 6.0 - Avast is a computer programmed antivirus. It is based on a central scanning engine that is certified by ICSA labs (International Computer Security Association) and anti spyware technology as well as anti-root kit and self- protection.
Avast Antivirus is a multiple names of the Virus Bulletin VB100 Award for its detection of 100% of “in-the-wild” viruses, and is a past winner of the Secure Computing Readers’ Trust Award. The name Avast is derived from “Anti-Virus – Advanced Set.
Avast a free antivirus is the freeware version of the Avast. It supports to Microsoft Windows and Linux users. Pro antivirus of avast offers to commercial organizations and users who want additional features. Priority updates are being delivered automatically using PUSH update technology of avast. Avast Pro Antivirus has a command line scanner and a script blocker; however, in version 6, the script blocker is available to users of the free version. It’s a rapidly used antivirus program. Nearly 130 million people are being connected to avast antivirus.
Avast Antivirus 6.0 Features:
- Anti-spyware built-in
- Web Shield
- Anti-root kit built-in
- Automatic updates
- Strong self-protection
- Virus Chest
- Antivirus kernel
- System integration
- Simple User Interface
- Integrated Virus Cleaner
- Resident protection
- Support for 64-bit Windows
- P2P and IM Shields
- Network Shield
* Security Suite composed of
Avast Web Rep (web-reputation component),
Avast Auto Sandbox (visualization),
Script Shield, antivirus and anti-spyware engine,
Boot-time scanner (with 64-bit support),
and Behavior Shield.
* Summary tab contains a second sub menu, Statistics.
* Faster and Intelligent scanning.
* Maintenance tab for virus chest and manual update.
Avast’s version automatically places programs in a virtualized state when it suspects threats.
* Web Rep, a Browser-security add-on.
* Schedule a boot-time scan.
* Antivirus and Anti-Spyware Scanning Engine.
* Community IQ technology ensure worry-free downloading, surfing, social networking, and gaming.
* Ranks #2 in top antivirus security software’s.
Operating Systems Supported
- Windows 7 (any Edition, 32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows Vista (any Edition excl. Starter Edition, 32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows XP Service Pack 2 or higher (any Edition, 32-bit or 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 4
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- Pentium 3 Processor
- 128 MB RAM
- 200 MB of free hard disk space
Please note that avast! Free Antivirus runs only on PCs with Windows XP and newer. Older Windows operating systems (Windows 95/98/ME/NT) are not supported.
Please also note that avast! will not run properly if you have other antivirus software on your PC.
|Title:||Avast! Free Antivirus 6.0.1125|
|File size:||54.29MB (56,923,744 bytes)|
|Requirements:||Windows 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista / Windows7 / XP64 / Vista64 / Windows7 64|
|Date added:||May 11, 2011|
Avast Free Antivirus 6.0 Review and Malware Test
Incoming search terms:
- avast 6 avast 6
- avast! free antivirus 6 0
- download avast antivirus
- download avast free antivirus for 30 days
- downloadable trial version avast anti virus
You may also like