AVG is a well known name when it comes to antivirus software. The publisher has released AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2012, which it claims has been improved for faster scans, easier use, and better performance. Indeed the claims are true to some extent.
A quick check on the popular antivirus proved that the installation was quicker, the scans were faster, and there were quiet admirable changes in the interface as well. The two major security changes also seem to provide a better security to the systems. However, the presence of AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012 does have a negative impact when it comes to the booting speed of the system.
As claimed by the publisher installing AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012 is quite faster than its predecessors. Some of the things noticeable while installing include the closing of browsers open without a warning to the user. Secondly, you are automatically opted-in to AVG’s Security Toolbar. In case you opt out of it and try to make it available you have to revert to the installer again. The good point to note is the publisher provides you with the freedom to choose between AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2012 and the trial of AVG Internet Security which can be tried and tested for about thirty days free of cost.
Although the changes in the interface of AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2012 are minor, they are indeed admirable when it comes to the ease of use. They have revamped the icons in the user interface making it an eye candy to the users. The one-click Fix button with a yellow X, which appears on the top when there are security breaches, can automatically repair them. It disappears as soon as the system has been cleaned.
Beside the single click update button, you can find the Scan Now button. The new interface apart from its clean looks has bigger fonts and better display when it comes to viewing latest scan and update details. A double click on the icons for security components reveals you the information on basic configuration and tool-specific settings. You can find advanced settings options under the Tools in the menu bar.
AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012 has to fascinating changes that can provide a better protection to your systems. While the first one is the patent-pending technique that identifies the fake antivirus, which is considered as one of the most detestable threats to computers today, the LinkScanner tool comes with tremendous improvement to watch out for more dynamic code that is important in the system security arena due to the rapid mutational rates of the threats.
The AVG Advisor tool also warns if your browsers are consuming too much memory and if you would like to restart the browser. The smart scan option that greatly improves the scan with the behavioral patterns of the programs has also a built-in system resource manager that prioritizes scans.
* The most downloaded software on CNET’s Download.com
* Quality proven by 70 millions of users
* Easy to download, install and use
* Protection against viruses and spyware
* Compatible with Windows Vista and Windows XP
* Basic protection only (comprehensive protection is available with AVG Internet Security)
* Limited languages (multiple languages are available with any paid product)
* No technical support (available with any paid product)
* No server protection (available with Network Editions)
* Not for commercial use (legal license available with any paid product)
* AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition is for private, non-commercial, single computer use only. The use of AVG Free within any organization or for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.
* AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition is not for use with any type of OEM bundling with software, hardware components, or any other services.
* Your use of AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition shall be in accordance with and is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition License Agreement that accompanies AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition.
AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2012 Improve the performance to be better.
AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2012 Speed up the process of checking the disk Scan rate of 50%
AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2012 Reduce memory consumption by 40%
AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2012 Reduce the operations of the program during the operating rate of 30%
The AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2012 software is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7. 32 & 64 Bit.
To Download AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2012 :
AVG Anti-Virus 2012 – 32-Bit
AVG Anti-Virus 2012 – 64-Bit
Incoming search terms:
- 2012 avg antivirus free edition
- avg 2012 free edition
- AVG Virus Free Edition 2012
- download avg 2012
- vg anti-virus free edition 2012
You may also like