Looking forward to know what’s new in Symantec Norton AntiVirus 2012? Check out the new features and offers from the publishers here.
Symantec‘s Norton security products are well known for their efficiency among the computer users around the globe. Although it is needless to diagnose the amazing software, we here provide you with the information on the latest developments in Symantec Norton AntiVirus 2012.
Symantec Norton AntiVirus 2012 comes to the users in three variants namely Business, Personal, Professional editions. The product is compatible with multiple operating systems, such as Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows 7. Minimum hardware requirements for the antivirus include a minimum of 300 MHz for Microsoft Windows XP, 1 GHz for Windows Vista/ Windows 7 with a 256 MB of RAM and 300 MB of hard disk space.
Symantec Norton AntiVirus 2012 has been provided a grand new look that certainly is very user-friendly. The publisher must have conducted an extensive research on the way users interact with the application. The new design’ interface houses the most utilized elements, such as on-demand scanning and checking updates in the debut screen. All the other required elements of the software can be accessed through the advanced link in the interface.
Symantec Norton AntiVirus 2012, apart from housing all of the status information in 2011 edition also includes additional features, which enable you to observe the CPU usage both by your system and by Norton. It also provides you with the option of making this detailed view as your interface against the default one.
Unlike the single scrolling list for setting in the 2011 edition, Symantec Norton AntiVirus 2012 has the settings neatly organized in a tabbed window. As far as the installation is concerned the multiple malware cleaners of the antivirus does a great job in encountering Malware interrupting the installation process. The reinstall scanner clears it all and ensures a one click trouble free installation. If at all there evolves a problem after installation, running it in the safe mode can solve the issues with ease.
The scan engine of the Symantec Norton AntiVirus 2012 is simply fast and completes the entire scan within almost half the time taken by its predecessors. The reputation scan compares the files on your system with that of Symantec’s huge database and ensures protection against low trust levels. Symantec has improved the product’s antivirus engine with respect to the SONAR behavior-based detection component that tracks behaviors and correlates in identifying malevolent processes. One other new feature in the edition is the reliability rating derived from programs crash rate.
To put it in a nutshell, Symantec Norton AntiVirus 2012 has evolved as well advanced security tool in the computer world. The publisher as of now offers a 10% discount on coupons. While Symantec Norton AntiVirus 2012 is available at the cost of 39.99 directly from the publisher, there is also a variant of the antivirus available for MAC users at a cost of $44.99.
When it comes to support, apart from the built in support and an extensive online knowledge base, the publisher offers 27/7 support by phone, email, and live chat.
- Norton Protection System includes 4 layers of rock-solid protection designed to proactively protect against the very latest threats – so you can do more on your PC without disruptions.
- Insight Technology protects you from download dangers no matter which browser, instant messenger or file sharing program you use*.
- Customizable Control Center gives you the option to choose your preference between a simplified screen or the traditional detailed view.
- Bandwidth Management limits Norton’s processes and updates when you have limited bandwidth or monthly downloads.
- Download Insight 2.0 now tells you how stable a download is before you put your computer at risk for crashes or other bad things to happen.
- Norton Recovery Tools help remove threats that can be deeply buried in a PC’s operating system.
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- 300 MHz or faster processor, 1 GHz for Microsoft Windows Vista/Microsoft Windows 7
- 256 MB of RAM for XP, 512 of RAM for VISTA and 1GB of RAM for Win7 (minimum of 512 MB RAM required for Recovery Tool)
- 200 MB of available hard disk space
- CD-ROM or DVD drive (if not installing via electronic download)
Browser support for Phishing Protection, Safe Search and Password Management
- Microsoft Internet Explorer® 6.0 or higher)
- Mozilla Firefox® 3.0 and later
- Google Chrome™ 10.0 or higher
Browser support for Vulnerability Protection
- Microsoft Internet Explorer® 6.0 or higher (32-bit only)
- Mozilla Firefox® 3.0 and later.
Norton Internet Security 2012 – On Demand Test
Incoming search terms:
- norton logo
- norton antivirus logo
- antivirus logo
- symantec logos
You may also like