ESET after long time has now revived its Eset NOD32 Antivirus 5 with high level security for computers. The comparatively light basic suite does a real good work when it comes to protection of your system from viruses.
ESET NOD32 antivirus 2012 is a solid creation that has been well adapted to a rapidly changing viral threat from the internet. The software comes with an improved generic detection capability.
As far as the installation of Eset NOD32 Antivirus 2012 is concerned it quite slow because of the too many screens that pop out for purposes such as registration and other queries like if the user wants to activate potential unwanted program protection. In spite of its importance, query regarding activation of potential unwanted program protection is bit annoying. However, the process of registration can be done from within the suite without the necessary of switching over to a browser. The rebooting part is not necessary with Eset NOD32 Antivirus 5 as in case of other antivirus software in the market.
The layout of Eset NOD32 Antivirus 5 is similar to the version 4 with a few minor changes. Many users opine that the interface doesn’t provide them with the ease of use. It opens with a window that indicates the security status of the system. When enabled with maximum protection, the screen is green color and bears the label Maximum Protection and turns red along with a warning if the core security features are disabled.
The left side of the interface houses tabs to access other features such as, Scan, update, setup, tools and help. While the advanced settings are hard to find, the feature of mouse-over tooltips that clarifies purpose of tabs is a smart one.
ESET NOD32 5′s core features are admirably good in its class of antivirus suites. Many of the modern ancillary features present in its competitors are not present in Eset NOD32 Antivirus 5, which would have justified the high price. However, the antivirus and antispyware engines seem to be smart because they not only detect threats but also has the ability to prevent host files from being corrupted. One other feature that attracts is the removable media control that enables you to block USB or other external drives from connecting to the computer. The gamming mode that is automatically initiated with silent running is a plus for the product.
Reputation analysis included in the popular could based detection of ESET know as ThreatSense is yet another plus for the software. Other excellent features include antispam, parental controls, and a smart firewall.
When it comes to the performance of the software, Eset NOD32 Antivirus 2012 is truly a reliable security option. While it is light on your computer, it can provide you with a security that you would ever desire. To put it in a nutshell, the overall performance of the software is well above average in its class. As far as support is concerned Eset NOD32 Antivirus 5 comprises live chat support, telephonic support, forums and a detailed knowledge base, which is far superior to its competitors.
· ThreatSense technology — a single optimized Anti-Threat engine for analyzing code to identify malicious behavior, such as viruses, spyware, adware, phishing and more
· Unprecedented heuristic analysis capable of discovering new malware threats as they emerge
· Powerful virtual PC emulation technology enables unpacking and decryption of all types of archives and run-time packing
· Able to clean active malware running in memory
· Protects at multiple infiltration points, including HTTP, POP3, SMTP and all local and removable media
· Removes infections from files that are locked for writing (e.g., loaded DLL file)
· Prevents infected files from being opened and executed, and warns on creation of infected files
· Automatic execution on system startup
· Supports multiple Terminal Server environments
· Supports scanning of mapped network disks
· Fix: issues with installation on other than default location
· Fix: issues with re-activation of product in a case of no internet connection
· Fix: data validation in the activation dialog
· Fix: checking of new PCU updates – UI part
· Fix: GUI crash when displaying desktop bubbles
· Fix: removed (recommended) from the activation window
· Fix: Parental Control setup removed from Setup/Computer page
· Fix: data validation
· Fix: link to the removable media settings page
· Added: support for distributor resources
· Change: Application icon changed
· Change: Sysrescue graphics updated
· Change: copyright dates corrected.
embedded by Embedded Video
You may also like