Format Factory 2.8 is a multifunctional freeware media converter that allows users to convert audio, video, and photos, between the most popular formats. Free Format Factory’s supported formats include WMV, AVI, MPG, MP3, WMA, AAC, JPG, PNG, GIF, and many more. Better still, Format Factory supports media formats used by most major portable devices, including PSP and iphone.
The Format Factory App is simple and user friendly to use, though it does have a slightly unintuitive interface. Format Factory’s file browser will not appear until user chooses the target format, which is a bit weird, but as long as users know this it’s no problem. Users can even select individual files to convert, or complete folders, and also tweak some basic conversion settings.
It is really handy that handles images as well as audio and video. Most converters like this only handle audio and video, so adding images to the mix gives it an edge, especially considering it’s free. People will also like the Audio Joiner in Format Factory2.8, which allows user to take two separate clips, join them together and then convert them. It would’ve been nice to have preset profiles for mobile conversions, but users can’t always have it all in a free app.
Key format factory media converter functions:
- All to MP4/3GP/MPG/AVI/WMV/FLV/SWF.
- All to MP3/WMA/AMR/OGG/AAC/WAV.
- All to JPG/BMP/PNG/TIF/ICO/GIF/TGA.
- Rip DVD to video file, Rip Music CD to audio file.
- MP4 files support iPod/iphone/PSP/BlackBerry format.
- Supports RMVB, Watermark, AV Mux.
- Support converting all popular video, audio, picture formats to others.
- Repair damaged video and audio file.
- Reducing Multimedia file size.
- Support iphone, iPod multimedia file formats.
- Picture converting supports Zoom, Rotate/Flip, tags.
- DVD Ripper.
- Supports 60 languages
- OS requirements: All Windows OS.
Format factory tutorial
Incoming search terms:
- free file converter
- virtual dj
- fomart factory free download
- Fomart wma to mp3
You may also like