McAfee Internet Security software permits you to securely play as well as perform online without having get worried. McAfee Internet Security safety measures your Macintosh from adware and spyware, monitors Internet site visitors regarding dubious activity, safeguards your own family level of privacy, blocks high-risk internet sites, plus much more.
Plus, you can use McAfee Site Advisor to have site security ratings and studies which inform you which internet sites are secure and which aren’t-before you visit these people. McAfee Computer Virus globe’s additional heavy player doesn’t devote quite as excellent a new functionality simply because this year’s Norton, but nevertheless delivers a very respectable overall performance across the board.
The idea suffered with the main one of the greatest boot-up times as well as the overall highest Central processing unit insert in the course of verification, yet paid when you are definitely the smallest amount of memory-hungry program about check. You do not want to play game titles even though it really is running – and there’s simply no gaming function supplied but for many software it will likely be all right. In other places, Internet Security proved a new mid-level package. Its first check required a lengthy 18 moments, which fallen right down to just a number of units on a subsequent run-through: roughly similar to Norton. That caught 100 per-cents from the Adware and Spyware upon our check system without falling food to your fake positives, as well as on a new simply aesthetic degree, it possesses far better software which makes it easily accessible exactly the functions you want.
Like all main internet security software fits, a competent software firewall software was made within, and can be stimulated then typically dismissed until finally that places one thing you must know about. Reward features being offered the following include parent handles, report shredding, antispam plus gigabytes of no cost space (your Norton equal is merely obtainable in the actual Three hundred sixty models). The particular enhanced model, Total Security for Mac, provides all these features, plus an encoded vault to store files, house community safeguard plus a more complex edition of McAfee’s SiteAdvisor regarding distinguishing poor links.
For some nonetheless, Internet Security will be all that’s necessary, even though may possibly not come out the success this season that remains a robust performer.
McAfee Internet Security for Mac Features and Benefits:
- Go online protected against cyber attacks or malicious websites
- Freely surf, search and browse the web
- Shop, bank, and trade online more securely
- Keep uninvited guests from accessing your computer when you’re online
- Know that you’re protected from future Internet threats
- Freely download files and receive email attachments
- Safely use any external drive
- Keep your Mac family and friends safe
How to install or uninstall McAfee Internet Security for Mac:
Internet Security for Mac
Affected Operating Systems:
Mac OS X (10.5 or higher)
This article will assist you with installing or uninstalling McAfee Internet Security for Mac.
Steps to install:
- Open a web browser.
- Go to http://home.mcafee.com.
- Log in to your McAfee account.
- Under the product listing for McAfee Internet Security for Mac, click the Download button.
- Click I Agree to the End User License Agreement.
- If a serial number displays below the Download button, write it down. You will need it later to activate your product.NOTE: The serial number will be available only for two hours. If you want to install your product later, you can come back to this page to get a new one.
- Click the Download button.
- Click Save. The file is saved to your default location, usually your Downloads folder.
- Double-click the .dmg file you downloaded.
- Double-click McAfee Internet Security for Mac-1.0.mpkg.
- Click Continue. The Welcome screen appears.
- Click Continue. The product features and system requirements will display.
- Click Continue.
- Click Read License, read the terms of the license agreement, and then click Agree to continue the installation.
- Click Install. The Authentication screen will now display.
- Enter your administrator user name and password, then click OK.NOTE: Use the administrator user name and password that you created when you first activated Mac OS X on your computer.
- If you don’t have Mozilla Firefox installed on your Mac, click Get Firefox to install it now. Remember, you must have Firefox installed to use SiteAdvisor.
- After you install Firefox, click Continue.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to activate your software.NOTE: If you purchased your product from an Internet Service Provider(ISP), activate it by entering your serial number.
- Click Close to complete the installation.
Steps to uninstall:
- Click Go from your Finder window.
- Select Applications.
- Double-click the McAfee Internet Security Uninstaller.
- Check the box beside Uninstall SiteAdvisor.
- Click Continue.
- Enter your admin password and click OK.
- Click Finish.
McAfee Internet Security for Mac System Requirements:
- Apple Mac OS X 10.5 or higher
Minimum System Requirements
- Apple Computer with Intel Processor
- 1GB RAM or higher
- 150 MB of available free drive space
- Internet connection
- Mozilla Firefox version 3.0 and above
- Safari Version 3.0 and above
- McAfee SiteAdvisor is currently supported by Firefox browser only
You may also like