Norton Internet Security for Mac (For OS X 10.7 Lion) Review:
Norton Internet Security for Mac empowers users to protect their systems, data and identity from malicious online threats. With Norton internet security 5 for Mac it is now possible to do online transactions without having to fear about identity theft or phishing threats.
It truly makes the web a safe place to hang on. The software is pro-active when it comes to blocking websites that pose hazards to your system. The software light on the system and is hailed for its quickness, and effective internet security against antivirus for Mac systems.
The powerful tool that keeps your system and data safe from cyber criminals does not have any negative impact on your system speed. Some of the astonishing and effective features of Norton Internet Security 5 for Mac include Anti phishing technology, smart 2-way firewall, location awareness for adjusting the level of protection, Vulnerability protection i.e. daily updates against new threats, Antivirus protection for protecting important stuff, Confidential file Guard, Email monitoring and Mac application controls. The software has received high ratings from users when it comes to identity protection and firewall features.
Most of the reviewers were unanimous in rating in the ease of use and protection offered. However, the downside of the software includes lack of parental controls and online backup.
Operating System Supported:
- Norton Internet Security 5 For Mac Mac OS® X 10.7 only
- Norton Internet Security 4 For Mac Mac OS X 10.4.11-10.6 running on Intel® and PowerPC-based Macs
Browser Support for SafeWeb and Phishing Protection
- Safari 5.0 and earlier
- Mozilla® Firefox® 4.0 and later
Minimum Hardware Requirements for Norton Internet Security 5 For Mac
- Mac® system with Intel® Core 2 Duo processor
- 2 GB of RAM
- 1.5 GB of available hard disk space
- Internet connection required for LiveUpdateTMsecurity updates
- CD-ROM or DVD drive (if not installing via electronic download)
Minimum Hardware Requirements for Norton Internet Security 4 For Mac
- Macintosh system with PowerPC or Intel Core processor
- 256 MB of RAM (512 MB Recommended)
- 150 MB of available hard disk space
- Internet connection required for LiveUpdate
- CD-ROM/DVD-ROM Drive
Instant Messaging Clients Supported for Confidential Data Filtering
- iChat® 5.x
- Microsoft® Messenger 7.0.1 for Mac
- Yahoo!® Instant Messenger 3.0 for Mac
- AIM® for Mac.
First Look At Norton Internet Security 5 Beta For Mac OS X Lion
You may also like