Norton Internet Security 5 for Mac empowers users to protect their systems, data and identity from malicious online threats. With Norton internet security 5 for Mac it is now possible to do online transactions without having to fear about identity theft or phishing threats.
It truly makes the web a safe place to hang on. The software is pro-active when it comes to blocking websites that pose hazards to your system. The software light on the system and is hailed for its quickness, and effective internet security against antivirus for Mac systems.
The powerful tool that keeps your system and data safe from cyber criminals does not have any negative impact on your system speed. Some of the astonishing and effective features of Norton Internet Security 5 for Mac include Anti phishing technology, smart 2-way firewall, location awareness for adjusting the level of protection, Vulnerability protection i.e. daily updates against new threats, Antivirus protection for protecting important stuff, Confidential file Guard, Email monitoring and Mac application controls. The software has received high ratings from users when it comes to identity protection and firewall features.
Most of the reviewers were unanimous in rating in the ease of use and protection offered. However, the downside of the software includes lack of parental controls and online backup.
“Advanced protection to surf, bank and shop online with your Mac. Includes both Norton™ Internet Security 5 for Mac® and Norton™ Internet Security 4 for Mac®
- Keeps your identity safe online
- Daily updates to protect your Mac® from late-breaking threats.
- Protects against viruses, spyware, hackers and more.
- Protects your iPhoto® and iTunes® stuff from threats.
- Fast, Light, Internet Security and AntiVirus Protection for Mac:Helps keep you safe from cybercriminals and protects your Mac from online threats without slowing it down.
- Antiphishing Technology:Blocks fraudulent phishing websites created to steal your identity and your money.
- Smart Two-Way Firewall:Prevents cybercriminals from hacking into your Mac, stealing your personal information, and messing with your stuff.
- Location Awareness:Lets you adjust your level of protection depending upon where you’re using your Mac (at home, the office, the local coffee shop, on the road).
- Vulnerability Protection:Updates daily to stop cybercriminals from using vulnerabilities in applications and other software to sneak threats onto your computer.
- Antivirus Protection:Protects your Mac, iPhoto pictures, iTunes media, iMovie projects, and all your important stuff from viruses, spyware, and other threats without slowing down your computer.
- Confidential File Guard:Password protects your stuff to keep it safe from prying eyes.
- Daily Protection Updates:Run in the background to protect your Mac and your stuff from new, late-breaking threats.
- Email and Instant Message Monitoring:Scans MobileMe, iChat, and other IMs for suspicious attachments and other tricks used to steal your identity and your hard-earned money.
- Mac Application Controls:Lets you control how your Mac applications connect to the Internet, who can connect to your Mac, and what they can do and see.
- Flexible Support:Norton Internet Security 5 for Mac works with Mac OS 10.7 and Intel-based Mac, and includes Norton Internet Security 4 for Mac to Intel-and PowerPC-based Macs running Mac OS 10.4-10.6.” Source (Norton Security for Mac)
Operating System Supported:
- Norton Internet Security 5 For Mac Mac OS® X 10.7 only
- Norton Internet Security 4 For Mac Mac OS X 10.4.11-10.6 running on Intel® and PowerPC-based Macs
Browser Support for SafeWeb and Phishing Protection
- Safari 5.0 and earlier
- Mozilla® Firefox® 4.0 and later
Minimum Hardware Requirements for Norton Internet Security 5 For Mac
- Mac® system with Intel® Core 2 Duo processor
- 2 GB of RAM
- 1.5 GB of available hard disk space
- Internet connection required for LiveUpdateTMsecurity updates
- CD-ROM or DVD drive (if not installing via electronic download)
Minimum Hardware Requirements for Norton Internet Security 4 For Mac
- Macintosh system with PowerPC or Intel Core processor
- 256 MB of RAM (512 MB Recommended)
- 150 MB of available hard disk space
- Internet connection required for LiveUpdate
- CD-ROM/DVD-ROM Drive
Instant Messaging Clients Supported for Confidential Data Filtering
- iChat® 5.x
- Microsoft® Messenger 7.0.1 for Mac
- Yahoo!® Instant Messenger 3.0 for Mac
- AIM® for Mac.
First Look At Norton Internet Security 5 Beta For Mac OS X Lion
embedded by Embedded Video
You may also like